I’m trying to solve this problem too!
I was interested to see Meteor suggested. I used that years ago for a while, and was interesting with a big vision but ultimately it died on the launching pad. I didn’t even know it was still a thing.
I did pull down https://github.com/alexandesigner/quasar-meteor and tried to get it running, and immediatly ran into Meteor issues, which reminded me of why I dropped it in the end. The readme is very minimal, which always makes me wary, especially when it doesn’t run OOTB as advertised.
Posted about it here: https://github.com/quasarframework/quasar/discussions/15100 but will copy/paster it:
Any suggestions for robust backends that you could hook up to Quasar to jumpstart a SAAS?
Apart from Firebase. Looking for robust open source SAAS (ie: multi tenant) solutions that have the following (or some) of the core features:
- User and Role management
- Payments (Stripe preferred OOTB)
- Audit Logs
A couple I’ve looked at, with reasons:
- https://scaffoldhub.io/ Not updated for a while, Vue2/Vuex going to be discontinued (React only now). Nodejs 16 only.
- https://pocketbase.io/docs/ Very neat minimalist with a Quasar starter kit https://github.com/benallfree/awesome-pocketbase but could be a touch early for production use as it’s under active development to V1 still.
- https://strapi.io/ seems possible, but might be too heavyweight? Anyone with experience of this using it for a SAAS?
- WordPress headless, via Atlas https://github.com/wpengine/faustjs or similar
Would appreciate any other suggestions to seriously consider. Thanks!