We are happy to announce new releases for Quasar packages.
I you enjoy the productivity of your work using Quasar, please consider becoming a backer if you aren’t already (https://www.patreon.com/quasarframework). It makes sense, since this helps us grow Quasar and it ensures your Quasar projects will receive the enhancements & bug fixes they require.
Enjoy the new release!
The difference between Quasar v0.15.x and v0.16 is minimal. No big breaking changes as you can see below. The only reason for bumping Quasar’s version is to maintain consistency (same major + minor version) with Quasar CLI (which got an important update: webpack 4, babel 7, Workbox, electron-builder support, ionicons v4 and many more).
Upgrading from v0.15.x should be seamless if you are using Quasar CLI – which will guide you to do some minor changes to your project folder. Note that Ionicons v4 has breaking changes, so if you are using it in your project, then you need to update each such icon to its new name.
- QIcon: removed “mat” & “ios” props for performance reasons (use
:name="$q.theme === 'mat' ? val : otherVal" instead)
- Removed utils > dom > viewport() method (use window.innerHeight/innerWidth instead)
- Updated Quasar ionicons set to Ionicons v4 – compatible with email@example.com
- [Request] QBtn router handling (“to” and “replace” props) #2058
- Improved perf for utils > event by removing legacy IE < 11 code
- QFab “icon” prop is now optional
- LayoutDrawer mini mode: still animating when hidden #2059
Quasar CLI v0.16
Your website/app will build much faster!
- Quasar v0.16.0
- Webpack v4 (instead of v3)
- vue-loader v15
- Babel v7 (instead of v6)
- Workbox (instead of sw-precache-plugin)
- electron-builder support
- quasar-extras v2 (instead of v1)
- Greatly improved rebuild time: babel caches compiled assets; tweaked UglifyJs config to slightly build faster and also take care of iOS quirks
- Use developer’s preferred node package manager (Yarn/NPM - Yarn is preferred) instead of always relying on NPM
- Removed node-notifier since it was hogging memory in some scenarios and it couldn’t be fixed
- Closing the electron window when developing makes Quasar CLI exit (as it should)
- Wrote some webpack plugins in order to simplify src/index.template.html (a lot of tags are no longer necessary; the html file is very simple now)
- Prevent webpack from injecting useless polyfills (like setImmediate from vue source code) and mocks to Node native modules (like “fs”, “net”, …)
Quasar Extras v2.0
||Default recommended font when building with Material theme
||Material icons font
|MDI (Material Design Icons)
||Extended Material Design icons font
||Fontawesome icons font
||Updated (breaking changes)
||Bundle of animations you can use in your website/app
Upgrade to using Quasar v0.16 instead of v0.15.