So, I was new to both Vue and Quasar when I started working on this extension. I was in the same boat just as you are, hence this post here on the Quasar Forum. Initially, I tried using the Quasar CLI as recommended but wasn’t able to make it work. I faced a few issues (which I don’t remember now, sorry). Haven’t tried again but those issues could have been due to me being inexperienced at that stage.
I tried other MD frameworks for Vue as well but either couldn’t make them work or the components were not all that great or keeping up with MD 2 like Quasar. A thing to note here is that I’ve used Quasar only to build the UI by using its components. All the other stuff is your usual Vue and Vuex code along with things specific to Tabtation and the Chrome/Web Extensions API.
I hope that makes sense! Let me know if it doesn’t and something is unclear.
Thanks for asking this!