Well this is just weird!
Vetur was showing every line with error in two of my components. After trying many things, I accidentally discovered that changing the filename fixed the problem!
So TreeSelect.vue was full of errors starting with the <template> tag, but renaming to SelectTree.vue made them all go away!
And now, my jest tests are working again too!
I’ll leave this post up in case someone else falls into this weird situation.
I’ve used rows and cols with Bootstrap, but seems there’s lots more to flex that I need to understand.
Thanks again for your help and patience.
BTW, my app is working fine now with scrollbars when needed, and no superfluous ones.
Thanks. I found the problem. Number of steps is dynamic, based on props and valid steps are contained in an array. I was trying to set the initial step before the array was set up. Just had to get things in the right order after mounting.
BEWARE - it is not optimized for large trees, I hope there will be commits soon from some good soul, correcting those few simple inefficiencies. If it will be corrected, this tree might be one of the best vue trees.