@quasar/app v3.0.0-beta.7 released! (Vue 3) Important Electron changes!
rstoenescu Admin last edited by rstoenescu
Electron breaking changes
The Electron mode has been significantly improved. Some of the changes here are required in order to ensure compatibility with the latest developments in the Electron world (so bulletproofing for upcoming upstream changes).
It’s best that you also upgrade the “electron” dep to v11.
High overview of the improvements:
- Out of the box support for Typescript. Just rename electron-main.js and electron-preload.js to electron-main.ts and electron-preload.ts.
- Support for Electron 11 and preparing out of the box support for upcoming changes in Electron 12+ (without you needing to change anything in the future). One of changes are that we’ll be using contextIsolation instead of the deprecated Node Integration.
- The preload script no longer has the old limitations. You can import other js files with a relative path because the script is now bundled and passed through Babel (so you can use the import X from Y syntax too). You can also enable linting for it.
- You can enable linting for the main thread file too.
- We’ve removed the default electron-main.dev.js support as it seems that it’s not needed anymore. However, you can add it back by creating it and referencing it from electron-main (it’s no longer detected by Quasar CLI automatically – because we don’t need to; more on this later).
Complete set of information: Upgrading Electron
- feat(app): App Extensions: Uninstall API -> add hasPackage() and getPackageVersion() #8473