VS Code cordova debugging help: "Could not find workspace manager by the project root path"

• Hi, VS Code n00b here. I’m trying to debug a cordova app.

I have created a launch.json with the help of the cordova extension in VS Code.

However, I’m getting an error, “Could not find workspace manager by the project root path”, no matter which launch configuration I launch.

There isn’t any documentation on this error elsewhere. It seems that the launch.json is supposed to work out of the box.

I’ve tried to create a workspace file and that did not solve the problem.

Anyone know how to solve this problem?

• Sorry! Posted too soon.

I have solved the problem, the cwd variable needs to be changed to “${workspaceFolder}/src-cordova”.

• Hi I need more help if anyone is available. I managed to attach the debugger in VS Code but it’s not stopping on my breakpoints. How do you guys debug Quasar on Cordova in VS Code?

• @walfin

1. install Android Studio on your dev machine.
    2. unlock development settings on your phone( emulator I don’t know) , by pressing the build label 8 times.( somewhere in settings)
    3. go to the new dev settings > enable usb debugging
    4. start your quasar app in dev mode -> quasar dev -m cordova -T android
    5. start chrome , type this in adress bar -> chrome://inspect/#devices
    6. your device/app should be listed there, connect and you can debug your app with chrome debugging tools.

• @dobbel Yeah I had been debugging my apps using chrome previously, but I was wondering if I could do so directly from within VS Code instead.