Building static marketing landing page

• I am building a stack for other startups to use. My aim is to make it as simple as possible to dive in.

Design: Figma Material Baseline Design Kit
    App: Quasar 🎉
    Landing page: Hugo + MDC ?

For a landing page, I don’t need a SPA and all the fancy stuff Quasar has to offer. I prioritize speed and SEO over anything else. I think that a static site generator such as Hugo would be a perfect fit.

However, I would like something as close as possible to Quasar’s style so I could apply easily the same styles designed in Figma and already applied in the Quasar app.

I believe my best bet is to use Material components: This is maintained by the Material Design team, so it should always be inline/ahead of what Quasar is doing. There might only be some minor differences with Quasar’s implementation of Material Design.

Any thoughts?

• Quasar is based on Material design. All you need to do is change the colors as you want them, add a logo and off you go!

Scott

• @s-molinari Sorry, I have not been clear enough.

For a SaaS application, I use Quasar and I know how to style it.
    This post concerns the marketing site (the website where I present my app’s features, pricing, tutorials, etc.)

My questions are basically:

• Would you use quasar for a marketing site (where SEO is paramount and SPA functionality is not needed) ?
    • If not, what do/would you use? (I am thinking of Hugo)
    • I would like to keep a good design consistency between the marketing site and the Quasar app, so I figured I should use Material Design there as well. Anybody has experience or anything to say about the Material web components library?

• @iRomain said in Building static marketing landing page:

Would you use quasar for a marketing site (where SEO is paramount and SPA functionality is not needed) ?

Yes. You can use the SSR and Meta plugin features of Quasar for this.

If not, what do/would you use? (I am thinking of Hugo)

You could also do PWA with SSR. Our docs site is done this way, meaning it is also viewable offline.

I would like to keep a good design consistency between the marketing site and the Quasar app, so I figured I should use Material Design there as well. Anybody has experience or anything to say about the Material web components library?

I can’t help you much here, as I’m a lousy designer. 😊

Scott

• @iRomain

marketing site with quasar: