Borked upgrade

• Quasar Newbie here,

Today while trying to upgrade the CLI to the latest build, I encountered an file share error (I am not sure why) with the result that now my Quasar installation will not run or upgrade (when upgrading you get a
    TypeError: Cannot read property ‘version’ of undefined, when running you get a UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘charAt’ of undefined).

I am not sure what is the best way to get everything back to normal…do I create scaffolding in a new folder and copy my source across, or is there a better way?

• What command did you use to upgrade?

Scott

• Hi Scott,

quasar upgrade -i

In the end I created a new project and moved the code across and so I am back up and running. I am new to the whole node.js/npm/vuejs world and so when it breaks, I am sometimes at a loss how to fix it. So much to learn.

That being said, Quasar makes this development a dream, and I will continue to shout about it at every opportunity.

If you are the same Scott that hosted the conference - Congrats!.. there was a lot in that I will be using - especially the BEX stuff which is extremely cool.

Thank you for your time.

• Admin

especially the BEX stuff which is extremely cool.

❤ 😃

FYI for future instances, if this happens again, you might be able to sort by:

1. Delete .quasar folder
    2. Delete node_modules
    3. Re-run yarn or npm install

• Glad you got it sorted out. And thanks for the accolades. 🙂

Scott