How to access Vuex from Axios boot files

• I store my JWT tokens in vuex module (user) and I have a axios request interceptor that I use to populate the Brarer token in the request head.

In vanilla Vue, I would simply import the store and then access my module state

import store from '../store/index'
    var token = store.state.user.token

When I try to do this from axios.js in Quasar it does not work. Can anybody help.

A point to note, mapState in Vue files works just fine, so I’m 99.9% sure vuex is configured correctly.

• If you work inside the default function of the boot file, the store is injected and you can use it. It should be your instantiated store.

https://quasar.dev/quasar-cli/boot-files#Introduction
    https://quasar.dev/quasar-cli/boot-files#Quasar-App-Flow

Scott

• @s-molinari Thanks Scott. I have already tried that approach. I can see the modules when I inject store, but I can not access any of the variables within State or any of the methods in actions or mutations. For example in the user module I have

state: {
       user: { firstname: 'John', lastname: 'Smith', email: 'jsmith@example.com' },
      token: { token: 'xxxxx', refresh_token: 'xxxxxxxx' }
    }

Through injected state in axios.js I can’t get below the base variables

user: { obj:..., proto: ....},
    token: {obj: ...., proto: ....)

For now, I have worked around it by writing my token to LocalStorage, which I can access from axios.js, but I want to get this fixed, so everything is accessed through the store.

Simon

• @ioncoder use something like vuex-persistedstate.

• @metalsadman Thank you. You know I always use that when using vanilla Vue, I don’t know why I didn’t already try that. I think it might be because Quasar does so much for you (which is great), but you start to stop thinking for yourself sometimes.

I will give it a try
    Simon

• Is that the issue? Getting a token stored and persisted to bridge browser sessions?

Scott

• @s-molinari @metalsadman Thank you, Yep, That solved it. I was coding from 7am till 1am yesterday so I will give myself a break (this time), still feel like a bit of an idiot though.

Thanks for your help.
    Simon