can't access i18n translation inside vuex state.js file

• Interestingly, (and although it does not throw an error) when I console.log(i18n) I get undefined

• And if I try to use const i18n = require('src/boot/i18n') instead of import, console.log(i18n) gives me:

Module {__esModule: true, Symbol(Symbol.toStringTag): "Module", default: ƒ}
    default: ƒ (_ref)
    arguments: [Exception: TypeError: 'caller', 'callee', and 'arguments' properties may not be accessed on strict mode functions or the arguments objects for calls to them at Function.invokeGetter (<anonymous>:1:142)]
    caller: [Exception: TypeError: 'caller', 'callee', and 'arguments' properties may not be accessed on strict mode functions or the arguments objects for calls to them at Function.invokeGetter (<anonymous>:1:142)]
    length: 1
    name: ""
    prototype:
    constructor: ƒ (_ref)
    __proto__: Object
    __proto__: ƒ ()
    [[FunctionLocation]]: i18n.js?8847:6
    [[Scopes]]: Scopes[3]
    i18n: (...)
    Symbol(Symbol.toStringTag): "Module"
    __esModule: true
    get i18n: ƒ ()
    __proto__: Object

• Aren’t the boot files supposed to be loaded before anything else? It feels like i18n is not being loaded in time and that is why it comes back undefined?

• @ssuess your import seems to be wrong, should be with curly braces import { i18n } from 'src/boot/i18n'.

• This post is deleted!

• @metalsadman Thanks, I already tried it both ways, made no difference alas.

• I think the problem is that the store is initialized before boot files, which is quite logical since boot files can access the store.

So, a solution may be to defer translations. You may use a getter for that, with a map on your menu array that will replace fields by their translation.

• Hmm you arr using this in your state. Remove thatt as well.

• @metalsadman definitely not that, see above for all the variations I have tried.

• @tof06 this sounds logical to me, do you have any example code you could point me to? Where exactly would this code go? in the state.js file or somewhere else?