How many people use NetBeans?

• I’m thinking of creating a NetBeans Quasar plugin if I have the time and if there’s demand, but I won’t do it if nobody else uses NetBeans (not the most popular IDE nowadays).

• I used it in college doing java xd.

• @walfin said in How many people use NetBeans?:

I’m thinking of creating a NetBeans Quasar plugin if I have the time and if there’s demand, but I won’t do it if nobody else uses NetBeans (not the most popular IDE nowadays).

Visual Studio Code extension would be cool… 🙂

• Webstorm extension 🙂

• @qyloxe @dobbel As I half expected, I guess I’m the only NetBeans user here 😞

• Pycharm, here.

• @qyloxe I’m trying out VSCode now as I am beginning to hate the NetBeans startup lag and lack of support for STYL.

I find the intellisense when using JS (not TS) worse than NetBeans (it gives prompts for lots of useless stuff in the dropdown menu), I hate the auto tag closing (which sometimes screws up my code) and I’m not used to the git interface (it doesn’t popup a commit box, and also I can’t figure out how to find a place where I can view the entire history tree of the repo). And the outline box doesn’t work for my JS files (unlike the navigator in NetBeans).

@jraez well that’s kinda basically WebStorm as well like @dobbel. WebStorm’s sibling.

• @walfin said in How many people use NetBeans?:

@qyloxe I’m trying out VSCode now as I am beginning to hate the NetBeans startup lag and lack of support for STYL.

I find the intellisense when using JS (not TS) worse than NetBeans (it gives prompts for lots of useless stuff in the dropdown menu), I hate the auto tag closing (which sometimes screws up my code) and I’m not used to the git interface (it doesn’t popup a commit box, and also I can’t figure out how to find a place where I can view the entire history tree of the repo). And the outline box doesn’t work for my JS files (unlike the navigator in NetBeans).

yep, most of the problems you mention are a matter of configuration/proper extension/ssd drive 🙂 For example this extension gives nice git graphs:
    https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=mhutchie.git-graph
    There are tons of extensions so as we can see in this topic - everybody likes something slightly else. I would hate a world, where everyone had to live and work the same way.