Issue renaming the Boot file

• my initialization file in the Boot folder is named init.js. At compilation I get a “multiple modules with names that only differ in casing.” warning message.
    Tried to rename init.js & updated the quasar.config.js accordingly but I do get then a init.js file not found in client-entry.js.
    What do I need to do to rename this initialization file?

Below is the full warning received:

WARNING in ./node_modules/Vue/dist/vue.runtime.esm.js
    There are multiple modules with names that only differ in casing.
    This can lead to unexpected behavior when compiling on a filesystem with other case-semantic.
    Use equal casing. Compare these module identifiers:

• C:\Users\Jean-Marie\Desktop\CurrentDevQV1\node_modules\Vue\dist\vue.runtime.esm.js
      Used by 1 module(s), i. e.
      C:\Users\Jean-Marie\Desktop\CurrentDevQV1\node_modules\babel-loader\lib\index.js??ref–1-0!C:\Users\Jean-Marie\Desktop\CurrentDevQV1\node_modules\eslint-loader\index.js??ref–10!C:\Users\Jean-Marie\Desktop\CurrentDevQV1\src\boot\init.js
    • C:\Users\Jean-Marie\Desktop\CurrentDevQV1\node_modules\vue\dist\vue.runtime.esm.js
      Used by 142 module(s), i. e.
      C:\Users\Jean-Marie\Desktop\CurrentDevQV1\node_modules\babel-loader\lib\index.js??ref–1-0!C:\Users\Jean-Marie\Desktop\CurrentDevQV1\node_modules\eslint-loader\index.js??ref–10!C:\Users\Jean-Marie\Desktop\CurrentDevQV1.quasar\client-entry.js
      @ ./node_modules/Vue/dist/vue.runtime.esm.js
      @ ./src/boot/init.js
      @ ./.quasar/client-entry.js
      @ multi ./.quasar/client-entry.js

• What’s your quasar.conf.js file look like? And can you make a screen of your boot directory in the file explorer?

Scott

• @s-molinari quasar config is:

module.exports = function (ctx) {
    return {
    // app boot file (/src/boot)
    // --> boot files are part of “main.js”
    boot: [
    ‘axios’,
    ‘init’
    ],

• Hmm… Not sure what the cause is. My suggestion, try renaming the file to something like bootInit or something similar. Seems like a naming conflict in general.

Scott

• I did that (renamed it to initMain.js) & of course changed it into quasar.config. Doing that gives a init not found error in client-entry.js. So, although one is not supposed to edit that file, I did change client-entry.js. It solved the compile error but did not eliminate the warning.

Thanks. Jean-Marie

• @Sacrekin i dont see why it wouldnt work, post your quasar info logs, delete node_modules folder, lock files, .quasar folder, run yarn again, quasar dev…

• I could rename the boot file successfully with this approach, albeit through brute force though.

HOWEVER, the initial warning remains. It must not be related to the boot mainInit file. I will post a different thread as this is not related to the boot file renaming issue.

Thank-you.

ps: the warning now:

webpack-internal:///./node_modules/webpack-dev-server/client/index.js?http://0.0.0.0:9000:135 ./node_modules/Vue/dist/vue.runtime.esm.js
    There are multiple modules with names that only differ in casing.
    This can lead to unexpected behavior when compiling on a filesystem with other case-semantic.
    Use equal casing. Compare these module identifiers:

• C:\Users\Jean-Marie\Desktop\CurrentDevQV1\node_modules\Vue\dist\vue.runtime.esm.js
      Used by 1 module(s), i. e.
      C:\Users\Jean-Marie\Desktop\CurrentDevQV1\node_modules\babel-loader\lib\index.js??ref–1-0!C:\Users\Jean-Marie\Desktop\CurrentDevQV1\node_modules\eslint-loader\index.js??ref–10!C:\Users\Jean-Marie\Desktop\CurrentDevQV1\src\boot\mainInit.js
    • C:\Users\Jean-Marie\Desktop\CurrentDevQV1\node_modules\vue\dist\vue.runtime.esm.js
      Used by 158 module(s), i. e.
      C:\Users\Jean-Marie\Desktop\CurrentDevQV1\node_modules\babel-loader\lib\index.js??ref–1-0!C:\Users\Jean-Marie\Desktop\CurrentDevQV1\node_modules\eslint-loader\index.js??ref–10!C:\Users\Jean-Marie\Desktop\CurrentDevQV1.quasar\client-entry.js