Meteor!

• This post is deleted!

• @rstoenescu Hi. Hope you are well. I only contact you when I’ve got a problem, right?!

My build in Meteor is failing, so I registered a bug with Meteor, but they said to contact you.
    The bug is here: https://github.com/meteor/meteor/issues/8498

Basically some es6 import statements seem not to have been transpiled.
    Could you take a look at it? Thanks.

Here is the gist of their comment:
    Babel configuration should transpile newer ECMAScript constructs into ones that are supported natively by the engine executing it (Node.js v4 in Meteor’s case). Most packages Babel their code before publishing (quasar-framework is no exception), and Meteor doesn’t transpile Node.js packages again as this might result in re-transpilation.

• Admin

@mwarren2 Hi, *.vue files first go through the vue-loader in Webpack. Meteor obviously doesn’t use vue-loader so there’s a problem. Are you looking in /src folder in the template or /dist? The latter option is the preferred one. If not, try including the CommonJS format of Quasar distributable (quasar.common.js) instead of the ES6 version and tell me how it went. Thanks for your Meteor work with Quasar!

• Ok, back on track. Thanks for the explanations.
    Yes, meteor doesn’t use webpack, that was the problem.

So now I’m just doing quasar includes from quasar.es6.js which I keep in a client folder.
    I’ll change the starter kit accordingly

• For whoever has been watching this starter kit discussion, quasar now installs directly from npm into a meteor app.
    Use https://github.com/meteor-vue/vue-meteor/tree/master/packages/vue-component to integrate meteor with vue, then install quasar-framework.

There’s a starter kit here: https://github.com/quasarframework/quasar-template-meteor
    Please note the importance of the .vueignore file in the app root. Builds will fail without this file.

• Admin

@mwarren2 we need to talk a little about Quasar v0.14. Can we set a Gitter session pls?

• @rstoenescu I’m available any time you like.
    However maybe I should try the beta first.
    It’s actually a good moment because a few days ago I started working regularly with quasar on a proper project.

What country are you in? Will you set up the session?

Let me know what you think.

• I am also very interested in using Quasar 0.14 with Meteor!

• @rstoenescu Hi. It appears that you changed the folder name on github from ‘app-template-meteor’ to ‘quasar-template-meteor’, right?

Fine by me, but this left a mismatch with the name in package.json and with the name you need to use to ‘git clone’ the repository.
    So I changed the package.json name to try to solve the problem, but you still need to use the old name when using ‘git clone’.

I don’t know how to solve this, and have not found any solution after extensive googling. Would you mind taking a look at this?

• Hi,

I stumbled upon this great thread yesterday after googling for “meteor vue quasar”.

The example quasar/vue/meteor app in https://github.com/quasarframework/quasar-template-meteor seems like a great starting point for a noob like me trying to evaluate the potential of this QVM stack with single file Vue components.

However, it raised the following questions concerning this QVM app structure and that recommended in the Quasar doc.

Let’s start the quasar-meteor template app structure:

1. Why are the routing code split into a
      client/main.route.js file and a
      imports/route.js file
      instead of being in a single
      imports/startup/client/route.js file
      as in the meteor guide app structure?

2. Why is there a client/main.css file
      instead of an app.variables.styl file
      that could perhaps be put in
      an imports/ui/theme folder
      or in an import/ui/layout/theme folder to follow the meteor guide app structure?

3. Why is there an empty imports/startup/client/index.js file whereas the client startup code is put in the client/main.js file?

Now concerning the quasar app structure, why having a separate
    src/themes/app.variable.styl file
    instead of putting the stylus customization code inside a
    <style lang=stylus><style> tag in the
    src/App.vue root component to follow the single file Vue component philosophy?

Thank you very much in advance!

• @DamienDeville Thanks for your post, which brings up some good points.

The example app is not perfect as far as meteor code goes, it’s true.
    But I’ve spent all my time just getting quasar working with vue and meteor, and writing perfect meteor code has been low down on the list of aims for this particular thread.

However, now that it’s all working together, I’ll look into your comments and tweak stuff some time soon.
    I would also add a point 4. to your list, which is to rename the /imports/ui folder to /imports/client, so that I can remove the ‘if(Meteor.isClient) {’ line from AppLayout.vue

• I base on Meteor too.
    Now, Is it stable for Quasar + Meteor?

• My honest reply is no. Not at the moment.

1. Meteor is ready and has been for a long time.
    2. Meteor / Vue, - see https://github.com/meteor-vue/vue-meteor - is a great project, but is still in beta
    3. Quasar is a superb piece of work, one of the best I’ve seen, but is still in beta.
      Quasar now works with the other pieces, but I can’t say that I’ve used everything together on a sizeable project.

I’m using the mix for my personal projects, but not for other people’s.

• Thanks, I tried Meteor + Vue-Component with Element UI,
    But I would like to try with Quasar?

• This post is deleted!

• Hey @mwarren2 and others of this thread,

Still a newbie in the world of nodejs and ES2015 frameworks and here I am confused:
    Why quasar + meteor and not simply meteor + vue?
    And in both of those case: meteor would be only for its backend framework?

I guess I still have some stuff I couldnt get about quasar / meteor / vue… No need to go into details, I will do my own work after 🙂

• This post is deleted!

• This is because the quasar starter kit is quite diferent from the vue starter kit. It comes with a bunch of configurations already done. So integrating quasar into a project is no as simple as requiring a file. Luckily a lot of this changes with v0.15 due out this month. Integration will become much easier.

• @elavaud said in Meteor!:

Why quasar + meteor and not simply meteor + vue?

Quasar gives you a very good-looking app out of the box.
    You don’t need Quasar to produce an app, but it sure looks better.
    It also simplifies using many of the tools you need, such as transitions and css. And it works without much effort on PC, Ipad, and Phones.

It’s also based on Vue. So if you want Quasar, you need Vue.
    Vue is easier to use than React, in my opinion. Vue is also getting a lot of traction, it’s got a good future.
    Unfortunately it’s not being actively promoted by Meteor - React is - but there are a series of viable codebases that integrate with Meteor.

Meteor - many were drawn to it for its ability to reflect changes to the db on screen automatically, I was too. I like the fact that I don’t have to use Webpack… It has also made phone apps with Cordova relatively simple, so I am sold on it for good, especially since it has proved to be a permanent fixture with solid support.

• The Meteor starter kit application for 0.14.7 is working with Meteor with a simple install from npm now - for those who may be watching this thread.
    https://github.com/quasarframework/quasar-template-meteor