Trying to upgrade: 'Quasar App Extension "upgrade" is missing'

• Hi,

I’m still very new to Quasar, so I apologize if the solution to my problem is straight forward to most of you, I just simply cannot figure this out or find a solution.

I’m trying to upgrade from v1.0.4 to the latest release, and the upgrade-guide in the documentation suggests to simply use these commands

# check for upgradable packages
    $ quasar upgrade

# do the actual upgrade
    $ quasar upgrade --install

However, doing so just gives me this result:

app Looking for Quasar App Extension "upgrade" command +0ms
     app:extension ⚠️  Quasar App Extension "upgrade" is missing... +51ms

In the documentation, it is also stated that:

• If you’re using a code editor terminal instead of the real one, you run quasar upgrade and get an error Command not found or @quasar/cli version appears to be undefined …

However, I’m not, I’m using a regular terminal.

Can a kind soul please help me to figure out what I’m missing here?

Thank you so much in advance!

• @Mar8 the command is quasar upgrade -i, if that don’t work, pls paste your quasar info logs. thx.

• if on windows, re-install quasar cli

npm i -g @quasar/cli

then try again

• @Hawkeye64 Same issue. I’ve reinstalled with no results. I’ve also try to uninstall and install again.

• @metalsadman Same issue. My quasar info:

Operating System - Windows_NT(10.0.18362) - win32/x64
    NodeJs - 10.16.0

Global packages
      NPM - 6.11.3
      yarn - 1.17.3
      @quasar/cli - undefined
      cordova - 8.0.0

Important local packages
      quasar - 1.4.3 -- Build high-performance VueJS user interfaces (SPA, PWA, SSR, Mobile and Desktop) in record time
      @quasar/app - 1.2.4 -- Quasar Framework local CLI
      @quasar/extras - 1.3.3 -- Quasar Framework fonts, icons and animations
      vue - 2.6.10 -- Reactive, component-oriented view layer for modern web interfaces.
      vue-router - 3.1.3 -- Official router for Vue.js 2
      vuex - 3.1.2 -- state management for Vue.js
      electron - 3.1.13 -- Build cross platform desktop apps with JavaScript, HTML, and CSS
      electron-packager - Not installed
      electron-builder - Not installed
      @capacitor/core - Not installed
      @capacitor/cli - Not installed
      @capacitor/android - Not installed
      @capacitor/ios - Not installed
      @babel/core - 7.7.2 -- Babel compiler core.
      webpack - 4.41.2 -- Packs CommonJs/AMD modules for the browser. Allows to split your codebase into multiple bundles, which can be loaded on demand. Support loaders to preprocess files, i.e. json, jsx, es7, css, less, ... and your custom stuff.
      webpack-dev-server - 3.9.0 -- Serves a webpack app. Updates the browser on changes.
      workbox-webpack-plugin - 4.3.1 -- A plugin for your Webpack build process, helping you generate a manifest of local files that workbox-sw should precache.
      register-service-worker - 1.6.2 -- Script for registering service worker, with hooks

Quasar App Extensions
      quasar-app-extension-ide-helper - 0.0.6 -- Quasar framework extension which enables IDE features like autocomplete by generating helper files for IDE to index.
      @quasar/quasar-app-extension-icon-genie - 1.1.2 -- A Quasar CLI Extension for Making All Your Icons

• @Carlitos hmm @quasar/cli - undefined can you try to remove and re-install. you probably need to clear your cache too.

• This is also a big issue when using NPM on windows for local packages

• @metalsadman said in Trying to upgrade: 'Quasar App Extension "upgrade" is missing':

@quasar/cli

I’ve previously uninstalled and installed the @quasar/cli without success, but after executing npm cache verify and reinstall the package, now works fine. Thanks…

• @Hawkeye64 Thanks, I’ll consider to change npm with yarn…

• Hi me again, the problem is back, but now I can’t resolve. I’ve now clear the cache with npm cache clear --force and reinstall, and even yarn quasar upgrade but without success. @quasar/cli is still undefined with quasar info.