q-table rows drag and drop

• q-table rows drag and drop? I’m trying without success so far. Has anyone ever got it?

• I once tried it with q-table without success and would like to know if it’s possible, too.

My plan-b was to use a standard <table> and https://www.npmjs.com/package/vuedraggable to wrap the <tr> elements.
    That was before Quasar v1, so nowadays I would use QMarkupTable.

But it would be nicer to be able to use it in a QTable, of course.

I’m not saying it is impossible - I just gave up quickly…

• I just tried again and I still can’t do it. I think I have an explanation why it doesn’t work… Let me show you my approach:

As a starting point I looked at the example at: https://quasar.dev/vue-components/table#Body-slots

<q-table ... >
       <template v-slot:body="props">
          <q-tr :props="props">
             <q-td key="name" :props="props"> ...  </q-td>
          </q-tr>
       </template>
    </q-table>

So I thought I could just replace the <q-tr> with the <draggable> tag from the Drag&Drop-library and configure it to render as a <q-tr>. Like this:

<q-table ... >
       <template v-slot:body="props">
          <draggable
            :props="props"
            tag="q-tr"
            ...>
             <q-td key="name" :props="props"> ... </q-td>
          </draggable>
       </template>
    </q-table>

Now here is why this won’t work:
    The <q-tr> and the body-slot don’t correspond to the <tr> and <tbody> elements that are rendered in the DOM in the end.
    The drag-functionality actually gets attached to the cells instead of the rows!

The only way I see that this could work is if we somehow can render the individual rows (the actual <tr> elements) with a v-for by ourself.

• This is a bummer - any thoughts on this from the quasar folks?

• What about the @chyde90 code but with QMarkupTable?

• I need the features of QTable

• There is a way, but it requires some work…
    The library I like to use for drag & drop (vuedraggable) is actually just a wrapper for Sortable.js to make it work with vue.js.
    You could simply use Sortable.js (or something similar) and make it work with vue.js in your own way.

<q-table
        id="myTable"
    >

import Sortable from "sortablejs";

mounted() {
       const element = document.querySelector("#myTable tbody"); // grab the element containing the <tr> elements
       const sortable = Sortable.create(element, {
          onEnd(event) { // gets called when dragging ended
             // Sortable.js only swaps the elements in the DOM,
             // so we need to swap the elements in the table data using the indexes (event.oldIndex and event.newIndex) or probably better by using ids if you have pagination
          }
       });
    }

And then you also need to somehow notify Sortable.js when your data changes (after sorting, on pagination, etc.).
    I don’t see an update() or refresh() function in the documentation, so you might have to call destroy() and re-initialize Sortable again every time, but idk.

… something like that.