File .babelrc is Missing

• Projects generated with the CLI after upgrading to @quasar/cli will not answer to build or dev but instead cite a missing .babelrc file when quasar dev is run.

Dev mode.......... spa
     Quasar theme...... mat
     Quasar CLI........ v0.17.25
     Quasar Framework.. v0.17.20
     Debugging......... enabled

app:quasar-conf Reading quasar.conf.js +0ms
     app:dev Checking listening address availability (0.0.0.0:8080)... +5ms
    ⚠️  Missing .babelrc file...

quasar info reads as follows.

Operating System         	Linux(4.9.0-4-amd64) - linux/x64
    NodeJs                   	11.6.0

Global packages          	
      NPM                    	6.10.0
      yarn                   	1.16.0
      quasar-cli             	0.17.25
      vue-cli                	3.0.4
      cordova                	6.0.0

Important local packages 	
      quasar-cli             	0.17.25	(Quasar Framework CLI)
      quasar-framework       	0.17.20	(Build responsive SPA, SSR, PWA, Hybrid Mobile Apps and Electron apps, all simultaneously using the same codebase)
      quasar-extras          	2.0.9	(Quasar Framework fonts, icons and animations)
      vue                    	2.6.10	(Reactive, component-oriented view layer for modern web interfaces.)
      vue-router             	3.0.6	(Official router for Vue.js 2)
      vuex                   	3.1.1	(state management for Vue.js)
      electron               	5.0.6	(Build cross platform desktop apps with JavaScript, HTML, and CSS)
      electron-packager      	14.0.1	(Customize and package your Electron app with OS-specific bundles (.app, .exe, etc.) via JS or CLI)
      electron-builder       	20.44.4	(A complete solution to package and build a ready for distribution Electron app for MacOS, Windows and Linux with “auto update” support out of the box)
      @babel/core            	7.5.0	(Babel compiler core.)
      webpack                	4.34.0	(Packs CommonJs/AMD modules for the browser. Allows to split your codebase into multiple bundles, which can be loaded on demand. Support loaders to preprocess files, i.e. json, jsx, es7, css, less, ... and your custom stuff.)
      webpack-dev-server     	3.7.2	(Serves a webpack app. Updates the browser on changes.)
      workbox-webpack-plugin 	4.3.1	(A plugin for your Webpack build process, helping you generate a manifest of local files that workbox-sw should precache.)
      register-service-worker	1.6.2	(Script for registering service worker, with hooks)

Networking               	
      Host                   	osambojano
      ens32                  	192.168.1.4

At first quasar-framework and quasar-cli were listed as missing so I rran an npm i -S on them.

when I ran an npm ls in the project directory it listed @babel/core as a missing peer dependency. Or more particularly @babel/core@>=7.0.0-beta.50 <7.0.0-rc.0 as required by a long list of plugins.

I have schlepped through the upgrade guide too and as well and ran yarn upgrade quasar@latest.At this point vue@^2.5.0 is named as an unmet dependency so I install it but no matter, .babelrc remains missing.

But there is still Step 7 to do: remove .babelrc and create babel.config.js… Fresh out of ideas other than to repeat npm remove quasar-cli and npm i -g @quasar/cli. And but then angular create remains a command not found.

Any help much thanked.

• This is a little confusing. Are you attempting to build a 0.17 project? If not, then I imagine you still have an old copy of quasar-cli in the global npm or yarn namespace.