[V1] QDate\QInput default of now?

• I’ve been poring over the docs but can’t seem to figure out how to set a QInput to a default date of now, when a QDate is ‘inside’, similar to how it’s shown on the QDate docs. Shouldn’t it default to now?

<q-input
              filled
              v-model="startDate"
              mask="date"
              :rules="['date']"
              label="Start Date/Time"
              class="float-left q-ml-sm"
            >
              <template v-slot:append>
                <q-icon name="event" class="cursor-pointer">
                  <q-popup-proxy>
                    <q-date
                      v-model="startDate"
                      color="deep-purple-14"
                      today-btn
                    />
                  </q-popup-proxy>
                </q-icon>
              </template>
            </q-input>

At this point, the QInput starts out as blank. What am I missing? Do I just set it myself? If so, do you recommend JavaScript’s Date or Moment?

• @s-molinari in my application, instead of using the two-way binding “v-model”, I need to use the one-way binding “:value” combined with “@change” event. With the old <q-datetime> I can do it like this:

<q-datetime :value="birthday" @change="val=>{updateBirthday(val)}" type="date" format="MMM DD, YYYY"/>

Could you give an example how to do one-way binding (:value + @input) in QInput + QPopupProxy + QDate?

Thanks.

• It’s the same.

https://codepen.io/smolinari/pen/ROjyNP

You certainly could have figured that our yourself, couldn’t you? 😁

Scott

• @s-molinari Thanks so much.
    I have to say that I’m an amateur programmer.
    I did try something that I put the “:value / @input” in both QInput and QDate and it didn’t work. So I came here to ask for help from expert. 🙂

I found what I did wrong is actually the date string format of the model. Seems the format has to be “YYYY/MM/DD”. Although the example on Quasar site does show it, the documentation for the QDate->API->Model->value doesn’t explicitly specify this format.