Q-tree how to get selected node on checkbox click when using tickable nodes option

• This is my Qtree element, data is an Array and the tree loads up correctly.

<q-input v-model=“filter” stack-label=“Filter” clearable class=“q-mb-sm”/>
    <q-tree
    :nodes=“data”
    color=“secondary”
    node-key = “id”
    accordion
    ref=“tree”
    :filter=“filter”
    :ticked.sync=“ticked”
    :tick-strategy=“tickStrategy”>
    </q-tree>

I am unable to get any event trigger on checkbox click which gives me the current node. The examples also do not show how to handle tree events. Can someone please help?

• You don’t have an event in your tree component. Are you using v1 or 0.17?

Scott

• I am using v0.17. Actually, I was able to get the checkbox click event using @update:ticked=“callback” in my tree definition shown below.

<q-tree
    :nodes=“dataObj”
    color=“secondary”
    node-key = “id”
    accordion
    ref=“tree”
    @update:ticked=“callback”
    :filter=“filter”
    :ticked.sync=“ticked”
    :tick-strategy=“tickStrategy”
    >
    </q-tree>

I have a follow-up question though. I want to do some operations when a is node checked and also when a node is unchecked.

When the node is checked I get the node correctly in callback function argument and am able to carry out the operation(turn on a layer on map).
    But, when it is unchecked I do not get unchecked items in callback argument. I want to find the unchecked item so I can do the corresponding operation(turn off layer on map).

Is there a way to get an unchecked item from Qtree?

• I wouldn’t do it with events.
    Maybe you could use a vue-watcher for the ticked array.

• Yes, I understand watcher would help as I can compare new value and old value and get the unchecked items as a difference of the two. I wanted to avoid putting a watcher on ticked array as it would make the operation expensive as watcher keeps checking for every change in value. If no alternative then maybe watcher is the way.