Quasar v1.0-beta.1 released!

• @labs20 I have also been struggling with several problems with the new q-date component. If you figure out how to change the format, let me know!

• What about Quasar code refactoring to TypeScript, as mentioned in https://medium.com/quasar-framework/quasar-1-0-sneak-peek-727b4e490899 ? Will it still happen until 1.0.0 final release?

• @jezzta667 Yeah, looks like it is not very stable yet. For some reason the QTime wont work for me as expected, like clicking is not doing anything.

• Admin

@labs20 Update “quasar” package to beta.1…

• @Team;
    I just saw a video a friend had sent to me that showcased Ionic 4 and Vue. One very helpful feature they had is that they have themes and CSS that covers all their components for iOS and Android and desktop and it automatically switches to the theme for that platform at runtime… This feature didn’t exist in the previous version of Quasar and so far I’ve not read anything that indicates V1 has such theming system. Could you please tell us if this design is part of the roadmap within the next six months?

Thank you in advance!

• Everyone is excited by the new version but for me the API has changed a lot.
    I like v0.17. It’s a mature version and I use it for many projects. Why not keep this API in v1 and create a new API for the V2? I’m not sure that V1 is faster than V0.17. All the work is done by vuejs and web browser.
    I gave up Angular, bootstrap for this reason and jumped to quasar. And now, I think Quasar is trying to clone Vuetify (look at the documentations).
    Need to rewrite all projects again. I don’t want to give up Quasar for Vuetify.
    Quasar stays different .

• @rstoenescu said in Quasar v1.0-beta.1 released!:

@labs20 Update “quasar” package to beta.1…

How do I do that? I’ve reinstalled following the get started cli guide but with no success (npm uninstall -g quasar-cli and then npm install -g @quasar/cli)

0_1550147002544_Captura de Tela 2019-02-14 às 10.16.58.png

• I’ve edited my package.json to became like this:

"dependencies": {
        "@quasar/extras": "^1.0.0",
        "quasar": "^1.0.0-beta.1",
        "vue-deepset": "^0.6.3"
      },
      "devDependencies": {
        "@quasar/app": "^1.0.0-beta.4",
        "pug": "^2.0.3",
        "pug-plain-loader": "^1.0.0",
        "strip-ansi": "=3.0.1"
      },

and then ran npm update and it did the trick.

Wonder if there is any quasar update CLI command to run inside the project folder…

Thanks

• @labs20 said in Quasar v1.0-beta.1 released!:

Wonder if there is any quasar update CLI command to run inside the project folder…

Good Idea!

• Um… to update Quasar in your project, you just run yarn upgrade.

Scott

• @rstoenescu Have you written an upgrade guide (like you did before) that has a specific list of breaking changes from .17?

• @dgk - an upgrade guide is planned to be released in the next few days.

Scott

• @s-molinari ;

Hi Scott;
    Is there any plan that Quasar would carry two (min) sets of themes (one for iOS and one for Android or desktop browser), where the quasar framework at runtime would recognize the platform (Mobile iOS or Mobile Android or Desktop) and apply the platform specific CSS to all the components which they will look for their platform? This was brought up last year, but I thought it would be implemented in V1.

I’ve asked users how important it is that the components (i.e. buttons, list, input and etc.) to look like their native components and the # 1 request was this issue, then performance of scrolling.

So, is there any plan for the next six months for this to be implemented? Just FYI, Ionic 4 for Vue already has that built in. Trust me, we could lose potential users because Material Look & Feel running on iOS.

Please discuss this issue among your teammates, and consider it.
    Thanks!

• @Ben-Hayat - Unfortunately, the iOS theme hasn’t been updated for v1. Quasar is now very much concentrated on the Material Design spec. And, currently I believe it’s going to be up to devland devs to come up with an iOS theme, which is possible btw.

The ability to swap themes depending on platform was already semi-available in Quasar, albeit through different builds and redirection. I realize that’s not the solution you are asking about, but that would still be the current situation too, should there be a devland built iOS theme. There are design decisions made for the theme being “compiled” (i.e. built) with/ into the app and not completely dynamically controllable. Mainly for performance and reduction of code bloat reasons, from what I know.

You can try out/ go with Ionic Vue, but I doubt you’ll be seriously happy there, because it looks like an afterthought (and still is one) for Ionic. My reasoning for this is, it is still in alpha since November and the last update on the code was 2 months ago. That doesn’t look like progress to me. You are probably better off using the Angular version, which is where it came from and where it gets most of the community attention. 😄

Scott

• @s-molinari

Well my friend, as always you give me no-BS answer that I can make decision on. Thanks!
    I’m staying with Vue (don’t like Angular)
    I’m staying with Quasar for being “Vue Focused”
    And I’m “hoping” Quasar Team, will keep the iOS Theme subject at the top of the list. This will come up as new developers join Quasar.

Again Thanks Scott;

• @s-molinari Oh, ok thanks. But can you point me a similar for npm?

• @labs20 first npm install -g npm-check-updates
    then ncu -a
    and npm i

• @rusia Thanks!

• @s-molinari So did that guide get posted? link please

• @dgk https://v1.quasar-framework.org/start/upgrade-guide

The v1 guide has a search function at top left that will be a faster way of finding answers, but make sure you’re on the v1 version as denoted by ‘v1.’ at the start of the URL.