Future v0.14 Feature List
rstoenescu Admin last edited by rstoenescu
Quasar v0.14 beta is out. Help test it!
It brings everything to the next level. Here is the main list of features it has:
- (100% ready) Forms & enhancements to almost all form components
- (100% ready) Material Ripples
- (100% ready) Completely new 12 points CSS Grid system (95% same syntax) - inspired by Bootstrap’s
- (100% ready) Flexbox Lists (which will allow much greater flexibility)
- (100% ready) Card component - complete revamp from the previous CSS only version
- (100% ready) Uploader component facelift
- (100% ready) Layout revamp. Smarter header/footer/drawer. Will eliminate the “mobile keyboard above input” issue. You’ll be able to configure header to hide/show based on user navigation through animation. Insanely easy to place header/footer/drawer(aside) on the viewport and configure where one starts and the other begins (many new possibilities).
- (100% ready) Multiple font icons support (mentioning Fontawesome & Ionicons)
- (100% ready) Observables (element resize & scroll) components
- (100% ready) Make Tabs easier to manage & add many new features (including making it more “Material” for Material theme).
- (100% ready) New Stepper (vertical and horizontal) with some requested features.
- (100% ready) Material Spinner
- (100% ready) Alert component
- (100% ready) Chat revamp (with component)
- (100% ready) Chip component (replacing “label”)
- (100% ready) Pick only components you use (tree shaking)
- (100% ready) Remove unused CSS code from bundle (using Purify CSS)
- (100% ready) Out of the box transitions/animations
- (100% ready) Enhance slide transition
- (100% ready) Remove FastClick dependency. No longer needed. (Can be injected on demand)
- (100% ready) Remove Momentjs dependency.
- (100% ready) 24 levels of shadows (as in Material guideline)
These are just the main areas. There are many more enhancements.
vinicius73 last edited by
You can create issues and milestones in github repo
We can help testing and coding
druppy last edited by
Sounds nice, but i wonder what some of it means
What is the goal of the enhancements for all the form components ?
LaurentPayot last edited by
Wow, that’s a nice list I’m specially excited by tree shaking!
@vinicius73 I’ll release a developer preview once all features are done. Testing would reeeeeally help.
I’m quite anxious to get to those form enhancements. Would there be a separate form component, similar to the (primitive) Dialog’s form?
AGPDev last edited by
@afd Mee too, im using vue-material to enchant validation style in forms
vue-material form style is nice , i liked.
Try this https://quasar-admin.firebaseapp.com/#/embeeded before quasar 0.14
Its very like VMat style, and a component embeeded whit validation sparing a lot of code lines.
0.14 is going to be a big release, would be possible to get a pre-release without tree-shaking/layout?
This would allow testing the forms / components changes, and you could get a whole month ( before ETA end of april ) for testing / polishement.
Planning on releasing a beta version in 2-3 weeks with everything in it. Would that be ok for you? I will indeed need some volunteers as many things changed beneath the covers and it needs quite some testing before I make it official.
I’m already using quasar-edge and I’m yet in early stages of developing my app, so I’m willing to test whatever you throw at us.
LaurentPayot last edited by
Same here, using quasar-edge too.
Edge will become v0.14 beta soon.
I’m going to start a new app next week, I could go with edge
But can’t wait 2-3 weeks to start it.
@rstoenescu, it looks like that everything is in place, except for chrome/tree shaking.
Is there any updated docs? If yes, I could go with v0.14 branch.
@Alberto no docs yet.
@rstoenescu Very nice work with the field / input / input-group components!
It looks very nice. I am working on with Quasar since February and it is awesome … congratulations!
I have a couple of things I would like to know about in Quasar plans:
- what about adding css grid as a foundation (background) layout beside flexbox ?
- what about to use Quasar in environments like NUXT or at least to use partially ?
We are almost at the end of April I hope to get some documents about big changes and migration to 0.14 as all stack we are using is 0.13.16.
I can test and help in case it is need it.
Awesome work !
Do you plan to implement Material little animation when you touch buttons too ? Would be nice !
“(100% ready) Material Ripples”
Do you refer to the ripple animation?