Quasar v0.16 & CLI v0.16 are out!

• Admin

@sweetyy Why are you globally installing webpack? You should use the version embedded into Quasar CLI, otherwise things might break.

• @rstoenescu , that’s what i always do in general but when i simply ran npm install in my project to upgrade quasar-cli to 0.16.1 from 0.15.16, it gave me some errors about webpack… It was like it didn’t install it correctly perhaps due to a simple conflict coming from my computer … And because of that i had to reinstall it first globally and then locally but now it works in the last version of quasar. Nevertheless i agree that it was not necessary to install it globally … just wanted to be sure it was the last version for all my others projects.

• @Sweetyy - did you get a “peerDependency” type of error? Because that is really only a warning that the package needs to be resolved somewhere. FYI, webpack is actually packaged by quasar-cli.

• @nothingismagick - The error i got was

Error: Error: Cannot find module 'webpack'

- module.js:11 require
          internal/module.js:11:18

- index.js:3 Object.<anonymous>
          [myproject]/[progress-bar-webpack-plugin]/index.js:3:15

It was like npm install didn’t install/update webpack locally.

• @Sweetyy - I really don’t want to pass the buck here, but this is just strange and reminds me of a host of other issues I have been seeing with NPM lately. I wrote up a little comparison between npm & yarn here: https://forum.quasar-framework.org/topic/2357/yarn-or-npm

But you really should not install webpack globally. And unless you have a good reason not to, then I also must recommend moving to the latest node 10.*

• Hello,
    Same problem as @Sweetyy here.

Quasar CLI seems complaining about “ghost” lines of code concerning “Add to homescreen for Android…” which are not in my index.template.html file

Trying to narrow down the problem, the message occurs when in add this line in <head> section
    <link rel="manifest" href="<%= htmlWebpackPlugin.files.publicPath %>statics/manifest.json"> (I’m migrating a project from quasar 0.14)

However, adding a line such as this one does not triggers the message :
    <link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="16x16" href="<%= htmlWebpackPlugin.files.publicPath %>statics/icons/app-logo/favicon-16x16.png">

The “manifest” line looks useless in 0.16, as now manifest.json contents have to be declared in quasar.conf.js
    https://quasar-framework.org/guide/pwa-configuring-pwa.html

=> I removed all “offending” lines in my index.template.html, however the error message is rather confusing :-s

• @sweetyy, I am facing the same issue regarding instructions to remove the same line of code. Have you had any luck?

• @bretonio it was fixed for me but i really don’t remember what i did i’m really sorry for that …

• I think you delete your package-lock.json and remove the node_modules folder, then run npm install

• try what @Hawkeye64 said or try creating a new project using quasar init, then copy your files to that new directory.