advice: Weixin(Wechat) mini program support

• Wechat mini program is becoming more and more popular now, and in the other hand, there is little chance to deploy a normal app or a website in China now. I don’t know if it is such a situation in the other countries of the world.
    And a new adapter, which is named as mpvue, is publiced by Meituan, the biggest Online-to-Offline Service Provider in China.

So i advise that Quasar can migrate to mpvue so it can be used to develop Wechat mini program, which is more useful than Cordova.

• I try to post the same topic, before that I search and found this post.
    Can’t be agree more since the Wechat mini program in China and we know the wechat is exploring to more and more countries in the coming future, while an app integrated sms, payment, LBS and , the most important reason, it’s cross platform solution with most useful and enough APIs compare to native, which I think it maybe the one of most important direction of app development.
    As supplement beside cst_zf, now the uni-app, mpvue are rapidly growth since 2019, and they are supporting more and more mini app like baidu, alibaba, QQ, which are key players in China.
    I love Quasar , so I really hope it can catch up with this main stream in my country.

• Sounds interesting. Thanks for bringing this up.

• @Hawkeye64 great exiting to see you reply the post. To developers in China, wechat mini app are not only interesting but now critical. Google play is not working in China, so android market is various while most of app markets for android in China filled with confusing app. Bad experience to find THE app before it’s famous enough. iOS is running but slow. And iOS users are far less then android in China.
    With mini app in wechat, it’s conscious, easy to find and lite to install and full integrated with wechat payments, lbs, social , public services, or event the business office wechat service platform (or say office wechat account) api.
    The mini app is VUE alike actually, I guess it’s more easier to migrate to it than android and iOS native.
    Hope to see if you any comments. Bests regards.

• @Samulwong
    I have let the rest of the staff know, so we will be discussing it.

• @Hawkeye64 The native mobile app is indeed dead in China for the reason of no way to deploy it and this is why chinese developer take less interest in Cordova. Chinese users also prefer a all-in-one super application which is a little like a mobile OS. The top two super applications, Wechat and Alipay, support very similar mini app standard with vue-like style. They are the most popular ways for Chinese developers to deploy their software.

• @Samulwong We need someone who can help translate some docs and such. Would you be willing to help research this endeavor? If so, give me your discord name and I can add you to the server/channel where we can discuss this.

• @Hawkeye64 My pleasure. My discord name is raynong #9611, please add me and discuss. Forgive me if I reply late since discord app was blocked in China, I have to use the VPN when I login there.

• https://developers.weixin.qq.com/miniprogram/en/dev/quickstart/basic/framework.html
    this may be helpful.
    MPVUE does not provide official english docs, even its github is written in Chinese.
    http://mpvue.com/
    https://github.com/Meituan-Dianping/mpvue

• https://www.zhihu.com/people/f20a4dda9fae495be94f1d5cdc22c24c
    It is said this is the head of MPVUE in Meituan.

• All Chinese and Google Chrome doesn’t try to translate it 😞

• @Samulwong Can you verify your discord name? We can’t find you.

• @Hawkeye64 The link czt share about mini app of wechat is English, I think it good to generally know about the mini app, make some basic evaluations. The one of mpvue is Chinese and I suggest you abort trying translating with google translate or similar . 😂
    The discord name raynong (without #****) I had verified before . Pls kindly try again or let me know how can I apply positive instead of being invited?

• @Samulwong said in advice: Weixin(Wechat) mini program support:

@Hawkeye64 The link czt share about mini app of wechat is English, I think it good to generally know about the mini app, make some basic evaluations. The one of mpvue is Chinese and I suggest you abort trying translating with google translate or similar . 😂
    The discord name raynong (without #****) I had verified before . Pls kindly try again or let me know how can I apply positive instead of being invited?

most of the ssr/pptp servers is blocked by gfw. i think you may try anyconnect. many softwares work wrongly inside the wall.

• @Hawkeye64 said in advice: Weixin(Wechat) mini program support:

All Chinese and Google Chrome doesn’t try to translate it 😞

i guess only the part about which feature does not work in mpvue is important.

• @cst_zf mine work well. Stay low is the principle 😝

• @Hawkeye64 Uniapp is another hot hybrid framework with Vuejs to support 7 platforms in one programming, including Android, iOS, Wechat, H5, Alipay, Baidu(trash) and Toutiao( who became a top player in China) (TikTok outside China).
    But sadly the doc is also in Chinese. I really hope I can start helping since now these hybrid solutions are not mature yet, so if we can imply Quasar solution to China developers before that Quasar will have more potential.
    Please kindly share me the way to join the group or how to start.

• I get no results searching for you. Ping me when you are on the discord server.