Using data files

• I’m new to building hybrid apps, but have a little bit of experience with Vue, so I’d like to try Quasar. One thing that stops me is the question of data files. Say I want to create a music player for instance. I’d like my app (deployed to Android, and maybe Electron as a bonus) to be able to list all music files in some folder that users can access, through the app or by other means (regular file explorer or ftp server say) to add some. I have no idea where to start. The section of documentation about assets and static files seem to be about something different, and this is the closest I could find.

• What you want to do is access the filesystem and read files from there correct?

• I’m sorry for the delay. I thought my message didn’t go through moderation because I expected email notifications and also I didn’t realize the default ordering of the forum post is “oldest to newest”.

Yes I’d like to read files from the filesystem (writing would also be good actually). I understand that, in a browser, javascript can’t be allowed to easily access the filesystem. But in a hybrid app I guess it should be possible to access at least some directory attached to the application, right?