I spent hours on this error changing node and quasar versions etc. I always used yarn and never this error until now.
For me @bigzhu 's suggestion worked - simply removing .babelrc which I believe should never have been there.
I think I was reusing a previous project dir after clearing it out first with rm -rf * which I now know doesn’t include .hidden files!
I think the IP is required for hot loading. However, I do think there’s a need to be able to assume a domain or localhost to make a Google OAuth whitelist work. Tried a bunch of approaches without any luck.
Perhaps this is just a need to work out Google OAuth whitelisting in dev mode.
It used to work, but I did not work on my project for 6 month so I do not know when it stopped working. If I try it on windows it fails because I need to remove node_modules folder and run npm install again under windows to get appropriate binaries. May be if I do it, it will work, but then commands under WSL will stop working.
This is how I fix this. I install another copy of Ubuntu as WSL 1 and run quasar from there. Now reload is working.
@Hawkeye64 Yeah you’re right, I actually do have linux running on my workstation (dual boot), but I’m going to run a build on one of our pipeline in DevOps on ubuntu with the npm and see if I get the warnings.
Mind you even though we get warnings, all seems to be working properly. It’s just bugging me and I don’t want this to come back to haunt us.
I found the reason. The process “quasar” does not use the proxy settings from the .npmrc file, it uses the environment variable “http_proxy” (I have only checked it under Windows). The syntax corresponds to the syntax of the .npmrc file.
One thing I have noticed though, is if you are missing the colon (:) completely, you get a warning and it keeps on trucking (instead of failing), but it gives you a message about no descripter so won’t be used. For the line number it gives you, look up 1 higher for the issue.