Creating custom app templates for quasar-cli

• I’m sure there must be some documentation about this, but I just can’t find it on the docs site. Is there a guide anywhere for creating and using a custom app template with quasar init? I had a look in the source code, and it seems like just using a URL might work, but what format data does it expect back? Is it possible to use ‘local’ templates via a file / path reference? Is it possible to ‘register’ these with quasar-cli and use them by name?

Many thanks!

• I think you can only add your own template repo (from Github). For instance,

quasar init smolinari/my-own-super-duper-quasar-template-repo new-app

Scott

• Thanks - I tried a few things, and forked the existing template. Then I found the correct format for the init command:

quasar init @myrepo/quasar-template-default test

The @ is crucial - otherwise it tries to load a sub-version of the official template.

• And do you know how to refer to a specific branch on that repo? And also how to specify a local folder?

• Admin

@dpamio for branch use #. Example: quasar init @myrepo/quasar-template-default#some_branch test

• Ouch! I was almost sure it was that way but I may had some typo in other place because it didn’t work. Will try again.

• I’ve updated the docs to mention the hash.

Scott

Looks like your connection to Quasar Framework was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.