Semantic html

• I have been using Quasar for a few months now, and I really like the framework and I am looking forward to the new forms, and the use of stylus and flexbox, is really nice.

But I miss more semantic html, I would like to use fieldset, list and other in a more natural way in order to make the templates more simple to manage.

Are there any reason why it is not like this now ?

• Admin

You’ll be able to simply use <q-input v-model="..." type="..." etc etc> in v0.14. This will allow a more natural way of dealing with the templates.

• That is a nice start, but I was thinking about normal tags like <ul> <form> <fieldset> and other non component tags. If we use these, we can have a more normal html structure, that just is styled in a Quasar’ish way, and omit a lot of class definitions :-)

• Hmm, guess I better try with an example :-)

at the moment we use list like this

<div class="list">
        <div class="item">List item 1</div>
        <div class="item">List item 2</div>
    </div>

But I really like the expressiveness of html, and would like my lists to look like this, as there originally was supposed to

<ul>
       <li>List item 1</li>
       <li>List item 2</li>
    </ul>

I am not saying what we should change all stylus in Quasar, but it would be nice to have a sane default for all html tags, in order to be able to make full use of the vocabulary already defined in html.

Ps.: I also really like to have my <i> back, even if this is a fancy hack :-)

• Admin

Lists in Quasar use CSS classes. So you can apply them to any HTML nodes. Replace “div” with “ul” and “li”.
    <i> will not be highjacked anymore in v0.14. Anyways, the modern tag for italic text is <em>.

• Ok, that is nice, so we can use plain normal html that have a sane styling. I just assumed they where not styled as most of the examples wes using plain <div class=xx> kind of style.

Good news with the <i> tags, some of the MD/wiki parsers may generate these :-)

Thanks …

• Admin

Well can’t possibly generate every scenario in the documentation examples :) It’s just informative. There are countless ways of using everything Quasar offers.

Looks like your connection to Quasar Framework was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.