Async code in App Plugins

• hello,

so I’m in the process of migrating from 14.1 to 15.8 and trying to move some initialization code over to ‘App Plugins’. I’m using vue-apollo and previously I was adapting ‘main.js’ in order to first setup and then pass the ‘ApolloProvider’ object to Vue.
    I’m trying to move this code to a separate plugin now. However, I doubt this actually makes sense, since I’m executing some ajax calls during setup of Apollo and ‘App plugins’ seem not to take this possibility into account. They do not expect a promise, but rather simply execute the exported default function. So my only possibility would be to make this function block and wait for reponses (or timeout). But maybe I just miss something.
    How should we deal with async code in ‘App plugins’?

Greetings,
    John

• If you really need async calls to initialize your plugin you should look at the boot plugin : http://quasar-framework.org/guide/app-plugins.html#Special-App-Plugin-Boot

This is a special plugin that let’s you launch the app when your are ready, after recieving the ajax callback in your case.

• hi Slade,

thanks I will try. Async code during initialization, is it that uncommon?

John

• I don’t have enough Vue or Quasar experience to say if it is right or wong to do that. I even did it using the boot plugin at first, but it felt dirty. So i changed my code and used the vuex store on the beforeMount event of my app.

Looks like your connection to Quasar Framework was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.