build error

• i have installed quasar starter kit… then i run quasar build command and the terminal show me this error:

var/www/html/pmt/client/node_modules/webpack/lib/ProgressPlugin.js:121
    compiler.hooks.compilation.tap(“ProgressPlugin”, compilation => {
    ^

TypeError: Cannot read property ‘compilation’ of undefined

• ProgressPlugin.js:121 ProgressPlugin.apply
      [client]/[webpack]/lib/ProgressPlugin.js:121:19

• Tapable.js:375 Compiler.apply
      [client]/[quasar-cli]/[tapable]/lib/Tapable.js:375:16

• webpack.js:33 webpack
      [client]/[quasar-cli]/[webpack]/lib/webpack.js:33:19

• quasar-build:109 Object.<anonymous>
      [client]/[quasar-cli]/bin/quasar-build:109:1

• module.js:11 require
      internal/module.js:11:18

• quasar:80 Object.<anonymous>
      [client]/[quasar-cli]/bin/quasar:80:3

when i installed webpack also i get this warnings (which maybe is the cause):

npm WARN extract-text-webpack-plugin@3.0.2 requires a peer of webpack@^3.1.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
    npm WARN html-webpack-plugin@2.30.1 requires a peer of webpack@1 || ^2 || ^2.1.0-beta || ^2.2.0-rc || ^3 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
    npm WARN sw-precache-webpack-plugin@0.11.4 requires a peer of webpack@^1 || ^2 || ^2.1.0-beta || ^2.2.0-beta || ^3 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
    npm WARN webpack-dev-middleware@1.12.2 requires a peer of webpack@^1.0.0 || ^2.0.0 || ^3.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
    npm WARN webpack-dev-server@2.11.1 requires a peer of webpack@^2.2.0 || ^3.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
    npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@1.1.3 (node_modules/fsevents):
    npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@1.1.3: wanted {“os”:“darwin”,“arch”:“any”} (current: {“os”:“linux”,“arch”:“x64”})

does any one can help me please to know what should i do?
    thanks.

i am using ubuntu 16.04 lts and i have installed node v9.6.1

• i realize that quasar-cli was not the lasted version, so i updated and now this is the error i get when i try the build command:

Error: webpack.optimize.CommonsChunkPlugin has been removed, please use config.optimization.splitChunks instead.

• webpack.js:162 Object.get [as CommonsChunkPlugin]
      [client]/[webpack]/lib/webpack.js:162:10

• webpack-config.js:295 module.exports
      [client]/[quasar-cli]/lib/build/webpack-config.js:295:28

• quasar-config.js:380 QuasarConfig.compile
      [client]/[quasar-cli]/lib/quasar-config.js:380:25

• quasar-build:90 Object.<anonymous>
      [client]/[quasar-cli]/bin/quasar-build:90:14

• module.js:11 require
      internal/module.js:11:18

• quasar:80 Object.<anonymous>
      [client]/[quasar-cli]/bin/quasar:80:3

• Admin

What’s your package.json? Seems like you are running webpack 4, which shouldn’t even be specified there in the first place.

• @rstoenescu thanks, i just removed the project and follow quasar doc and now it works…
    thanks again.

Looks like your connection to Quasar Framework was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.