manually adding quasar to an existing vuejs app

• The quasar docs only assume you are going to start from scratch using a template and the quasar cli.

What are the steps need to be done or code added in order to add quasar to an existing vuejs app

• Admin

@dgk Hi, I’d go the other way around. Integrate your app into Quasar default template. Unfortunately wrote no guide on how to integrate Quasar into an existing app (lack of time, resources). This would be difficult anyway. Cheers.

• @rstoenescu I’ll give that a try.

In that case what does Quasar.Start do by accepting a function that wraps of new Vue instance?
    That seems like the major difference from a vue only app. Will that mess with any other packages I try to use?
    I kinda expected quasar to just be a component library I import and then .use but this is something more.

One other issue I see having is what goes on the in build and config directories. The vue webpack2 template has them but quasar webpack2 template has slightly different files and likely different content in webpack (base,dev,prod) confs. Since I’m a noob with webpack merging those could be painful since I really am unsure about all that webpack is doing. So are the quasar files likely a superset of those in the corresponding vue webpack2 template? Need some input on dealing with that piece.

The /src stuff should not be an issue and must be re-factored for using quasar components anyway.

• @dgk It alway wise to be careful when starting on an new adventure :-)

The Quasar.start, as far as I understand it, is a way to make sure that some of the mobile platforms are properly initialized (when needed), no magic just a way to give Quasar a change to init som stuff early. If you just make sure this is in you startup function, there is really not much to it.

Quasar is just components, BUT the layout filosofi here is to use the same layout on different platforms, and therefor quasar is able to help you most if it controls things like startup and layout (q-layout).

Regarding webpack … it is true that the cli version makes a rather large Webpack2 setup, but this is NOT at all necessary, I have a single file version using webpack 1.x (and i also use typescript) and this works just fine. What you need as a minimum, is stylus, babel and a few defines (PROD, DEV and __THEME).

The quasar build utility is just a wrapper, nothing magic just trying to be nice :-)

So I understand you concern I have just been over all this myself :-)

Looks like your connection to Quasar Framework was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.