Using data files

• I’m new to building hybrid apps, but have a little bit of experience with Vue, so I’d like to try Quasar. One thing that stops me is the question of data files. Say I want to create a music player for instance. I’d like my app (deployed to Android, and maybe Electron as a bonus) to be able to list all music files in some folder that users can access, through the app or by other means (regular file explorer or ftp server say) to add some. I have no idea where to start. The section of documentation about assets and static files seem to be about something different, and this is the closest I could find.

• What you want to do is access the filesystem and read files from there correct?

• I’m sorry for the delay. I thought my message didn’t go through moderation because I expected email notifications and also I didn’t realize the default ordering of the forum post is “oldest to newest”.

Yes I’d like to read files from the filesystem (writing would also be good actually). I understand that, in a browser, javascript can’t be allowed to easily access the filesystem. But in a hybrid app I guess it should be possible to access at least some directory attached to the application, right?

Looks like your connection to Quasar Framework was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.