Modal layout

• I have been trying to get may way around in Quasar, and the bast way is still just to make some code :-)

I need to have a modal for my layout (not all pages need login), and I tried to see if I could make a nice looking modal, using the q-layout as suggested in the docs, but then things got strange.

When making a normal q-modal with some html inside, it works but was not pretty, then I tried to put a q-layout inside, and then … it became invisible. It disables the background, it has inserted all the proper things in the dom tree, but I cant see them.

Need I do something special to use a q-layout inside a q-modal

PS: where are all the nice demos in the doc ?

• @s.molinari Yes, it was not there yesterday :-) I am happy to see it back and working again.

• Admin

@druppy It wasn’t removed at all :)

• @rstoenescu Scary ! :-) I just discovered that the page is responsive … :-)

• @druppy To answer my own post, when making a modal that holds another q-layout tag inside, the q-modal need to specify a size of the modal, using content-css property.

I am sure there is some logic to that, but not in my head at the moment :-)

• According to the docs thecontent-cssproperty

Applies CSS style Object to Modal container.

So, probably without it, the modal can’t be rendered.

However, I too am wondering how that property is used. It looks like some Quasar magic? :smile:

Scott

• @s.molinari I think q-layout uses 100% of parent, and parent i as big as the child dictates … and then both got confused :-)

content-css just apply the style to the div modal wrapper, so no real magic .

Looks like your connection to Quasar Framework was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.